About Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy is an allied health science dealing with both physically and mentally ill clients. Occupational therapy uses the day to day activities of work, self care, leisure and play to enhance development of skills and possibilities. It may include adapting the work or environment as per the present abilities of the client, to achieve maximum independence and to enhance the quality of life. It is the job of an Occupational Therapist to figure out which areas are affected and how we can assist that person in performing these activities in a more functional and successful way.
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (B.O.T)
- Course Duration: 4 Years 6 Months
- Total Intake: 50
- Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed HSC or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Botany & Zoology.
- Vocational stream is not eligible for admission.
- Should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the admission year.
The following certificates / documents have to be submitted along with duly filled Application form (Originals + 4 Photostat Copies):
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last studied.
- HSC/Pre-Degree/ CBSE / AISSCE/ ISCE/ Intermediate or equivalent mark statement.
- Migration Certificate issued by the Board of Higher Secondary or Equivalent Examination. (Other than HSC of Tamilnadu)
- Eligibility Certificate obtained from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai (For students who have passed their Qualifying examination other than HSC Examination, Tamil Nadu.)
- Community Certificate (except OC candidates)
- Passport Size Photographs (5 Nos.)
- Aadhaar Copy
For NRI Candidates
- NRI status of financial supporter issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective country under their seal.
- Certificate of Relationship between NRI financial supporter and the candidate issued by the competent authority, valid Indian Passport of the NRI financial supporter.
- Original and Copies of Passport and Visa of the candidate.
- NRE(Non Resident External) Bank Account Pass Book of the financial supporter.
- Evidence for payment of US $ 1000 Development Charges to the college by the NRI financial supporter (one time payment at the time of admission)
- Nativity Certificate